I believe in the importance of creating open-ended community spaces, helping people understand each other, and building organizational structures that enable sustainable creativity and redistribute power. I'm on a lifelong mission to eat every delicious fruit in the world.
- producing the first season of Multi Entry, a collection of essays and media that investigate the experiences of young creative people in China. The project was made possible by 231 Kickstarter backers in August of 2015.
- teaching Entrepreneurial Design at the School of Visual Arts' Interaction Design MFA program along with Gary Chou for the third time.
- funding cool projects as part of Awesome Foundation NYC. Apply if you've got a great idea that could use $1000!
- available for client work in May and June, specifically short-term research projects that focus on how people interact with technology and digital culture. Email me if you've got something in mind!
I also serve as an advisor to:
- Orbital, a supportive space for independent creators in the Lower East Side, NYC
- The Fine Cacao and Chocolate Institute, a nonprofit devoted to identifying, developing, and promoting fine cacao and chocolate.
- the Data & Society Research Institute
In my previous lives, I ran Breadpig, a sidekick service for independent creators, where I advised on and produced $2 million worth of crowdfunding campaigns; served as the global coordinator for Awesome Foundation, an international group of guerrilla philanthropists; co-founded ROFLCon, an internet culture conference/convention that ran from 2008-2012; wrote a thesis on the history of interfaces and protocols for instant messaging.